Is the COVID-19 Pandemic keeping you indoors?
Your Vitamin D levels can dwindle by limiting your exposure to sun in the era of COVID-19, so don’t let the summer of 2020 turn into a Vitamin D winter. Leading endocrinology societies and bone health experts* issued a warning to adults worldwide to avoid a deficiency during COVID!
While there is no evidence that Vitamin D supplements will prevent or treat COVID-19 infection, Vitamin D enhances the immune system and helps keep bones strong. Leading endocrinology societies and bone health experts alert adults to be sure they are getting enough Vitamin D from food and supplements.
How much Vitamin D do I need every day?
- Have had WLS, ASMBS Nutrition Guidelines recommend 75-150 mcg/day[i].
- Are 50+ years, Endocrine Society recommends 125 mcg/day1.
- Are 19 -50 years, general population, DV is 20 mcg/day1.
Note: More Vitamin D may be needed to maintain healthy Vitamin D levels in the blood.
How can I get enough Vitamin D?
There are very few foods that contain a lot of Vitamin D. All of our products are carefully formulated to provide optimal doses of each individual vitamin—neither too much nor too little.
Opurity® vitamins—by UNJURY®—are excellent sources of highest quality Vitamin D3:
- All Opurity® Bariatric Multivitamins contain 75 mcg
- Opurity Vitamin D3 supplement has 125 mcg
- A one day serving of Opurity Calcium Citrate Plus has 20 mcg
Compare Foods Rich in Vitamin D to Opurity® Dietary Supplements
|How much of each food to provide Vitamin D||15 mcg Vitamin D||75 mcg Vitamin D||150 mcg Vitamin D|
|Cod Liver Oil||1/2 Tablespoons (62 Kcal)||2.5 Tablespoons (300 Kcal)||5 Tablespoons (600 Kcal)|
|Rainbow Trout||3 oz (120 Kcal)||5 oz (200 Kcal)||10 oz (400 Kcal)|
|Sockeye Salmon||3 oz (144 Kcal)||5 oz (240 Kcal)||10 oz (440 Kcal)|
|Vitamin D fortified low-fat milk||5 c (500 Kcal)||25 c (2500 Kcal)||50 c (5000 Kcal)|
|Raw mushrooms||1.5 c (30 Kcal)||4 c (80 Kcal)||8 c (160 Kcal)|
As you can see, it can be a lot of work and calories to get enough Vitamin D from food every day. Stock up on Opurity® Vitamins—Opurity D3, Calcium, and Multivitamins--now.
* Leading endocrinology societies and bone health experts including: Endocrine Society, American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AACE), European Calcified Tissue Society (ECTS), the National Osteoporosis Foundation (NOF), and the International Osteoporosis Foundation (IOF)
[i] Previously, the conventional measure of Vitamin D dosage was International Units, or “IUs”. Recently, this has changed to micrograms, or mcg. Below is a chart that should help with conversion:
|International Units (IUs)||Micrograms (mcg)|