Many patients tell us that when they meet their protein goals each day – ALL IS GOOD. They have more energy, they sleep better, and generally just feel better. They also tell us that getting more protein each day really helps them maintain a stable, healthy weight.
Unfortunately, when life gets busy it can be difficult to cook a healthy meal. Meat is often the most expensive part of your meal and the most time consuming to make.
If you are struggling to meet your protein goals (30 grams of protein, 3 times each day), Prep Your Protein! If your protein is ready, there is less chance of choosing another fast, easy, less healthy option.
Here are 5 ideas for a satisfying protein meal or snack that can be prepped in advance:
- UNJURY® Overnight Oats
- UNJURY® Mini Quiche
- UNJURY® Protein Fudgesicles
- UNJURY® Egg Salad
- UNJURY® High Protein Ricotta Bake
- 2 scoops UNJURY® Unflavored
- 15 oz. low fat ricotta cheese
- 1 jar (24 oz.) unsweetened tomato sauce
- 2 eggs
- Seasonings (salt, pepper, garlic, Italian)
- 8 oz. mozzarella cheese (part skim)
- 1-lb. lean ground beef (optional)
- Brown your ground beef, drain and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine ricotta cheese, 2 eggs, 2 scoops UNJURY® Unflavored, 4oz. mozzarella.
- Layer your ingredients (beef, ricotta, tomato sauce) into 8, 4oz ramakins.
- Top with the rest of the mozzarella cheese
- Place ramakins on a baking sheet and bake on 375° F for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is slightly brown on top.
- Enjoy or freeze for later.
350 calories 31 grams protein 10 grams carbohydrate 7 grams sugar 20 grams fat