“Just tell me what to eat,” is something that we hear when people want to lose weight, but feel frustrated because they don’t know what to eat.
They’ve been told to:
- Get More Protein
- Lower Carbs, Fat and Calories
- Avoid take-out food and drive throughs
That’s good advice, but it’s not detailed enough to truly help people plan practical meals that they can eat 3 or 4 times every day.
We think it’s really helpful to have a few more ideas to lean on.
Here’s a reminder of why high protein meals are so helpful for weight loss:
Protein helps balance blood sugar through the day, which in turn helps manage sugar cravings. It makes us feel full and satisfied for longer after a meal, and it supports muscle which is the driver of our metabolism.
So, if you want to move toward a higher protein, lower carb, lower fat diet for weight loss, use the ideas below to create a meal plan that you can stick to.
8:00am High Protein Breakfast
- Bonjoy™ Waffles or Pancakes. Top with berries – 31g of protein
- Strawberry Sorbet and Banana smoothie – 21g of protein
- 3 Egg Omelet with 2 slices of bacon – 27g of protein
- UNJURY® Overnight Oats – 27g protein
- Cold Brew Coffee with UNJURY® Vanilla RTD and 1 scramble egg - 26g protein
12:00pm High Protein Lunch
- UNJURY® Martha's Chicken Soup Protein-Centric Meal Replacement – 27g protein
- Salad with 4oz chicken, salmon, or shrimp – 30g protein
- Bunless burger with lettuce, tomato, cheese 30g protein
- UNJURY® French Onion Soup with ½ turkey sandwich on whole grain bread – 25g protein
- Egg salad in lettuce wraps – 21g protein
6:00pm High Protein Dinner
- 4-5 oz Lean meat (chicken, fish, shrimp, beef, pork, tofu) with vegetables and ½ cup whole grain or starch – 30g protein
Choose 1-2 Snacks per day
- UNJURY Ready to Drink Shake – 20g protein
- UNJURY® Chocolate Peanut Butter Mighty Bite – 10g protein
- UNJURY® Root Beer Float – 30g protein
- UNJURY® Hot Chocolate – 30g protein
- Sugar Free Sports Drink – Add Moonbeam Mist stick pack – 10g protein
- Greek Yogurt – Add Chocolate Splendor stick pack – 20g protein
- No Sugar Added Applesauce – add UNJURY® Unflavored – 21g protein
- Small green apple with 1 cheese stick – 7g protein
- 10-15 Almonds – 3-5g protein
- Dill pickle
- Cucumber, carrots and ¼ cup hummus – 3g protein
- Sugar Free Popsicle
- ¼ cup dried apricots
- Herbal Tea
You can find even more delicious ideas here.