We all start out with good intentions.
But life gets in the way sometimes. What we mean by “life” is all of the distractions--we have too many things to do, too many things competing for our attention.
You start out doing the right thing, following Your Plan, and then one day something happens and you lose focus. When you take a detour from your plan, what is the best way get back on track again?
There are lots of options for apps on your phone, but here is an easy tool that can help you stay on track, to get to your goal, whether it is weight loss or something else:
Keep Track on Paper
We once listened to Olympic Gold Medal Swimmer Mark Henderson talk to a local swim team. He talked about a period when he just wasn’t making any progress. Everyone knew he was a superb swimmer, but his “times” at events just were not improving.
Finally a wise coach told him: You won’t get better until you write down your times every day and keep track of how you are doing.
Writing it down helps in a lot of ways:
1. When you are on track and see the results, it is very reinforcing. You are rewarded for your good work.
2. If you get off track and don’t get the results, you don’t blame Your Plan and get discouraged. You know you just have to get back on Your Plan.
3. If you get off track, you can see it. And you can figure out what to do differently so that doesn’t happen. For example, maybe you need to put a reminder on the door so you take your protein with you.
4. When you are making progress, you can see it. Your goal might be a year away, but you feel strong and in control because you are On Plan, and Your Plan is Working.
5. You are better able to fight distractions and stay focused.
To help you stay on track and meet your protein goals every day, download our Daily Protein Tracker! Remember: 30-30-30. 30 grams of protein, three times a day spread throughout the day to help you maintain muscle and a healthy metabolism.