Summertime brings long days, warmth, and tons of opportunities to prioritize your health and well-being. In the summer, life slows down a bit, so it's the perfect time to embrace a healthy lifestyle and work on building new healthy habits.
Here are a few tips and ideas to help you create the ultimate healthy summer experience.
- Boost Hydration: Warmer temperatures mean it's crucial to stay hydrated and get extra water which is also a good tool for weight management. Experiment with no sugar flavored waters, iced herbal teas, and UNJURY® Soda Flavors mixed in water. It’s a good idea to carry a reusable water bottle with you so that you have easy access to water at all times.
- Embrace Outdoor Activities: This is a great time to try new outdoor activities that can improve your physical wellness. The best part is, you don’t need a gym membership to stay fit during the summer. You can go for a hike, swim in the ocean or pool, try kayaking or take a family bike ride.
- Enjoy Fresh, Seasonal Foods: Fresh, local produce is widely available during summer months. Visit a local farmers' market to boost your daily step count and find colorful, nutritious foods that are rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Plan Light and Refreshing Meals: During the summer, heavy meals can leave you feeling sluggish. Try light, refreshing meals that are easy to digest. Fresh herbs, citrus flavors, seafood and other lean proteins fit perfectly into a summer meal plan. Experiment with refreshing protein recipes for healthy snacks too: high protein popsicles, veggie dip, or peach strawberry smoothie.
- Make Time for Rest and Relaxation: Summer is the ideal time to unwind and recharge. You can make self-care a priority by spending time in nature, practicing meditation or yoga on an outdoor patio, or pack a healthy picnic to spend quality time outside with friends and family.