The past year(!!), the holidays, and other life stressors have caused many people to fall out of their healthy routines.
January is a great time to check your routine and make a few changes.
But….where to start?
UNJURY®’s advice? Focus on the basics.
Here is a checklist of easy healthy practices that you can start right away. Just start with one!:
- Chew food slowly and thoroughly
- Take at least 20 minutes to eat a meal
- Avoid eating when you are tense and distracted
- Use a small plate for each meal
- Separate eating and drinking
- Keep a water bottle with you all day
- Keep trigger foods or slider foods out of the house
- Avoid liquid calories
- Set a regular eating schedule
- Have protein with each meal
- Eat veggies every day
- Use a food log or tracker app
- Eat meals in one place in your home
- Keep an eating window of 10-12 hours
- Grocery shop with a plan and a list
- Eat protein first, then move on to veggies or complex carbohydrates.
- Set an alarm to stand up and move around for a few minutes every hour or so
- Try to wake up and go to bed around the same time each day
- Lay out gym clothes or walking shoes before you go to bed
- Pause when you experience a craving. Is it stress or boredom? Try water first.
- Attend support group meetings
- Follow up with someone on your team: surgeon, dietitian, health coach, personal trainer or mental health provider.
If you want even more help and guidance getting back on track, UNJURY offers two programs that can help.
- Back on Track
- Rein in Regain
These two popular programs offer professional coaching, supportive guidance, a team approach and done for you meal plans.