We can’t control everything when it comes to our health, but we can do some very simple, important things to stay healthier and feel stronger longer– and that gives us some control.
So, what can you do?
#1 Way to Feel in Control of Your Health - Get Better Nutrition
Nutrition plays a critical role in longevity and quality of life. Good nutrition can help you:
- Manage chronic conditions: blood pressure, cholesterol, diabetes.
- Improve healing and recovery from illness or injury.
- Preserve muscle mass and physical strength to stay active.
- Stay sharp mentally and maintain a stable a stable mood.
If you need help improving your nutrition and making healthy lifestyle changes, a registered dietitian and UNJURY® Protein can help. One of the first and most important changes you can make to your diet is to be sure that you are getting enough high-quality protein each day.
Here are some easy nutrition tips to help get you started.
- Eat high-quality protein several times a day to give your body the building blocks needed to preserve muscle mass. 30-30-30 is recommended for anyone over the age of 40. That is 30 grams of protein, 3 times each day.
- Eat colorful fruits and vegetables several times a day for fiber, stable energy and key micronutrients.
- Avoid highly processed carbohydrates (ex. crackers) and processed foods with lots of added sugar.
- Stick to an eating schedule and avoid grazing. You should have 2-3 hours in between meals or snacks.
UNJURY® Protein can help you stay in control of your health.
- UNJURY® is the highest quality protein you can buy. That is why it is recommended at All of America’s Top-Rated Hospitals.
- It’s ideal for rebuilding and repairing tissues and cells.
- It provides support for your immune system to prevent infections and illness.
- It helps you stay strong and active, which means less fatigue and a better quality of life.