Have you found yourself standing in front of the refrigerator, staring blankly at the milk, ketchup, and leftovers from the night before thinking, “Ugh, what am I going to eat?”
Many people open and close the refrigerator door several times before making a decision. Even then, the decision is not the healthy decision that they wish they would have made.
Having a plan, and a list of your favorite protein packed meals to choose from can help. You can make your lunch time decision easier everyday by having a list of favorites that meet all of your nutrition goals.
Meal Time Nutrition Goals:
Protein First – Get 30 grams of Protein with your meal
Include small portions of fruit, veggies, and/or whole grains
Drink 8 oz of sugar free fluid 30 minutes before or after your meal
Take any vitamins that you have scheduled for lunch time
Here are some healthy and delicious lunch time options to add to your favorites list. Many of these can be prepared ahead of time!
- UNJURY® Egg Salad Recipe
- 4 oz Bunless Burger with cheese, tomato, onion, lettuce
- UNJURY® Meal Replacement – blend with berries or peanut butter
- 4 oz Chicken or Salmon Salad – add your favorite salad toppings, drizzle of olive oil and vinegar
- UNJURY® Chicken Soup – add veggies and a small portion of brown rice
- Taco Bowl – 4 oz seasoned ground beef with lettuce, cheese, black beans and salsa
- Mixed Berry Bonjoy™ Parfait – add almond slices and blueberries
- UNJURY® Fresh Baked Brownie Bar with 1 cup of milk and 1 cup of strawberries or raspberries