It’s the buzziest thing out there. Plant Based Diet.
Everyone is jumping on the bandwagon.
If it seems like everyone is saying it over and over again, it must be good right? But there is something huge missing from the buzz – Protein!
Oh and maybe along the way, you don’t want to be too high in carbs either. Most of our food comes from plants already. Cereals, breads...
Even if your dietitian says, “move toward a more Plant Based Diet,” they still want you to go focus on protein every day, and keep your carbohydrate intake low.
Diets that rely on legumes and nuts as a source of protein are often high in carbohydrates and calories.
Here is a comparison of 5 ways to get 90 grams of protein (30 grams, high quality protein, 3 times per day is our minimum recommendation):
All of these contain 90 grams of protein
Ranking based protein quality, protein nutrition value, highest first
1. UNJURY® Protein in 8 ounces of skim milk, 3 times (contains dairy)
- 600 calories
- Protein Quality: A+ (PDCAAS score 100 plus tops in leucine)
2. 13 Large eggs (contains eggs)
- 975 calories
- Protein Quality: A (PDCAAS score 100)
5. Planted™ Protein by UNJURY. Protein from peas grown and processed in US/Canada
- 700 calories
- Protein Quality A- (PDCAAS score ~ 80)
4. Bush’s Black Beans 4.25 full cans (large 15 ounce can)
- 1400 calories (257 grams of carbohydrate!)
- Protein Quality D+ (low PDCAAS score ~45 )
5. Almonds - 3 full cups
- 2484 calories! (Over 200 grams of fat!)
- Protein Quality D+ (low PDCAAS score)
So what is the best answer? It depends on whether you require plant-based protein.
If you don’t--UNJURY® Protein is the highest quality-best for your body protein you can buy.
If you require plant-based protein, or just want a delicious change of pace, UNJURY® Planted offers a great solution to help you meet your protein needs and have more plant-based meals, while keeping your carb intake and overall calorie intake low.
UNJURY® Planted Protein – Protein from Peas
- 100% Pea Protein – no soy
- 20 grams of protein per serving
- Only 100-130 calories
- No artificial sweeteners
- 100% non-GMO peas harvested and processed in the USA and Canada
Discover all our delicious Planted® flavors – True Chocolate, Unflavored, and our delightful New Flavor– Cinnamon Donut!