If there’s one thing we hear regularly from Bariatric Dietitians it’s that they wish they could spend more time with each patient before and after surgery.
There’s just so much to learn about nutrition, vitamins, protein, and the post-op diet progression, but usually there isn’t enough time for patients to truly understand everything they need to know about bariatric surgery.
If you need more time with a bariatric dietitian, here’s a great opportunity…
UNJURY® Cares Group Meetings are all about giving patients more support so that they can be successful before, during and after bariatric surgery. The Great Start Group is lead by an experienced bariatric dietitian and meets every other Wednesday on Zoom at 7:00pm Eastern Time.
Everyone is welcome and meetings are always FREE.
“Thank goodness I found these meetings. I feel less scared and more excited than ever about surgery.”
We have a unique approach and try to make each meeting fun and informative.
Through 8 sessions, we provide an extra opportunity for pre-op education. Here are the topics for the 8-session series.
*Sessions are on a rotation, so it doesn’t matter where you start, you can attend all sessions.
- Session 1: Intro to Bariatric Surgery & Bariatric Patient Guest Panelist
- Session 2: Pre-op and Post-op Diets
- Session 3: Protein and Metabolism
- Session 4: Vitamins and Deficiencies
- Session 5: Prepping for Surgery
- Session 6: The Bariatric Pyramid (sleep, support, exercise, mindset) & Bariatric Patient Guest Panelist
- Session 7: Common Questions Before Bariatric Surgery & Bariatric Patient Guest Panelist
- Session 8: Bariatric Recipes and Meal Prep
Get the extra support you need with the UNJURY® Cares Great Start Group.