UNJURY Support Group – Protein for Bariatric Patients
Protein is all important your health. Every cell is made with protein. Protein is also necessary to produce hormones and enzymes. Even your bones are made with protein.
It is fundamental to weight loss. So, there is a lot to know:
- How much protein is best?
- How does the body use protein during rapid weight loss?
- Why bariatric patients need to understand amino acids?
- Which kind of protein is best, and worst?
- What happens when you don’t get enough protein?
- How can muscle loss after WLS set up weight regain later?
This week, Mary Litchford PhD, RDN, LDN will be joining us for our UNJURY Cares Bariatric Support Group Session. Dr. Litchford serves as Clinical Nutrition Advisor for UNJURY® Protein and OPURITY® Vitamins. She is a preeminent authority on nutrition for adults and she focuses on nutrient requirements following bariatric surgery. She received the Excellence in Consultation & Business Practice Award from the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics for her contributions to translate nutrition science into real world applications for patients.
Wednesday, Aug. 12th, 2020 from 7:00pm to 8:30pm ET.
- Jerome Krachenfels – President and Co-Founder of UNJURY Protein
- Kristie Celentano – Moderator
- Mary Litchford PhD, RDN, LDN