Turn off the news for now.
Peace is an inner thing. We are all looking for calm moments when we feel at ease, comfortable and taken care of. Some people would say that peace feels like being in control.
So, how do we find that amongst the chaos?
Of course, there is no one answer that fits everyone, but there are a lot of things you can do to feel more peaceful, calmer, and more in control.
Here’s a partial list and we’ll talk a little bit about each:
Getting closer to nature
- Get outside and go for a walk, even if it’s still winter where you live. Just being outside, whether it’s a city park or a walk in the woods, the natural scenery helps take you away from “the noise.”
- Moving your body provides so many health benefits. It increases levels of dopamine and serotonin. So, moving your body can improve your mood and lower stress levels naturally.
- When you sleep well, your body has a chance to do nightly “repair work” to muscles, organs, and cells so that you feel refreshed and energized the next morning. That includes balancing hormones that regulate our appetite.
- Talk, laugh, cry, share – that’s what friends are for. When we spend time with other people, it improves our mood and reduces anxiety and depression.
Learn relaxation techniques
- Some people enjoy deep breathing exercises, meditation, or have found a creative outlet to help them unwind and unplug.
- Self-care isn’t selfish! Aromatherapy, massage, or a hot bubble-bath are pleasures that you deserve to enjoy on occasion. Take time for you, so you can be there for others when they need you.
- Expressing your emotions is healthier than keeping them locked inside. Journaling is a great way to clear your head and organize your thoughts when you feel stressed or overwhelmed.
- Try writing a list of the things that you are thankful for. Gratitude helps people feel more positive, and research has shown that gratitude is associated with more happiness.
Coaching and advice
- When you are feeling stuck, reach out for help. Whether it’s a professional coach or mental health expert, there is so much value in gaining perspective and talking with others who understand.
- People feel empowered when they have a group of supporters to help them on their journey. Shared experiences allow groups to help each other through tough times.
- Clear space for the things that are truly important to you. If you want to eat healthy, declutter your kitchen. If you want to excel at work, organize your desk. If you want to sleep well at night, clear your mind before you try to fall asleep.
- Eat for how you want to feel. Give yourself nutrients that support energy, strength and wellness. UNJURY® Protein helps people feel stronger, more balanced and in control.
We wish you more peace in your life today.
❤️ Your UNJURY Cares Team