Good habits are powerful. However, it’s easy to slip into a negative habit or old routines that don’t support our overarching goals. But remember: a slip isn’t a fall.
A habit is something you just DO without thinking about it and once you get started with a good habit, it gets easier to follow through.
How many times have you stopped to get coffee on the way to work or relied on the vending machine for lunch because you forgot to bring it?
When starting a new habit, remember:
- Take it easy on yourself
- We aren’t perfect
- Life will throw us unexpected curve balls
Here’s an idea—try habit stacking! That’s when you add a habit to something you already do. For example, if you’re in the habit of having coffee every morning, stack another good habit on top of it; try adding a scoop of UNJURY® chocolate protein powder to get a high protein start to your day.
Here are the six steps we believe in when starting a better habit:
- Start small. Focusing on one habit at a time increases your chance of succeeding. When you are successful with a small goal, then you will feel encouraged to move on to add another goal.
- Give yourself a period of time to establish healthy habits (at least 30 days).
- Create a plan for working on the new habit which includes the steps to get started.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help or support as you need it –our UNJURY Cares Facebook Group and Virtual Support Group sessions are a great way to support your goals.
- Set yourself up for success by removing obstacles.
- Track your progress.
Building good habits is a great “investment” and a tool to be more and more successful with bigger goals. Once you have an idea of what your goals are, figure out what habits you need in order to get closer to your goal. In order to get you started, here are some good habits to consider:
- Keep a water bottle with you all day
- Keep a regular eating schedule
- Get 25-30 g of protein 3 times a day—spread across the day through protein shake in the morning, meal replacement for lunch, or protein ready to drink for later in the day
- Grocery shop with a plan and a list
We’re here to support you however you need. Reach out with any questions or call our customer support team at +1(800)517-5111.