If you have fallen off course during summer vacation and have regained some weight, you might feel like you need a fresh start.
You can get back into a healthier groove, and correct some unwanted weight regain, with a few helpful tips.
Here are the 5 most important things to Re-Fresh when you are trying to get back on track…
- Your portion sizes – Remember how small your meals were right after you had surgery? Get back to smaller portions by eating slower, using baby/smaller utensils, and measuring your food at each meal.
- Your mealtime schedule – Choose your eating times and be consistent with them. Spread mealtimes out evenly throughout the day to avoid extreme hunger, and mindless snacking.
- Your daily protein intake – Protein goals are forever, not just after surgery. Use the 30-30-30 guide to meet protein goals each day. With UNJURY® Protein, you will feel more satisfied and build a healthier metabolism when you get the protein you need each day. You can meet your protein goals with UNJURY Protein Powders, Meal Replacements, Protein Bars, and Ready-to-Drink Shakes.
- Your water intake – Staying hydrated is important for weight loss and weight maintenance. Thirst is often mistaken as hunger and can lead to overeating. Staying hydrated allows your body and metabolism to function properly.
- Your sleep schedule – Good sleep habits are so important for regulating hormones, having energy for exercise, and keeping stress levels low. Try setting an alarm to get up at the same time each day, even on the weekends. Avoid screens before bed. Try reading, journaling or listening to gentle noise can help you fall asleep better.