Everything in your body is made with protein. There’s nothing in your body you can make with just carbohydrate and fat. Your hair, skin, muscles, brain, heart, organs, blood, bones...every cell is made with protein.
When you are not getting enough good quality protein in your diet, your body may have trouble healing from wounds or injuries, you may have more trouble fighting off illness, and you may feel hungry more often.
What are some signs that you might not be getting enough protein?
1. Fatigue and/or weakness. Not just the feeling that we didn’t get enough sleep last night, but deep fatigue...or weakness where it’s hard to get through the day.
2. Weight loss plateau. When we don’t get enough protein, medical research indicates that the body tries to store calories rather than burning them.
3. Hair loss. It may be preventable with the right amount of high quality protein and a daily bariatric vitamin.
4. Surgical complications. Is there surgery in your future? For many, the answer is yes. One numerical predictor of how well a surgery will go is your protein status. Your body will heal slowly, sometimes very slowly, if your protein status is low.
5. Muscle Loss. When you don't get enough protein for weeks, your body starts taking protein from your muscles. So your body is actually taking muscle -- to help maintain other cells, and organs, and hormone levels. So it's possible you might be more easily injured if you regularly don't get enough protein.
These symptoms can also be caused by other things, so it is always good to ask your doctor.
If you have any or all of these symptoms, check with your doctor and make a plan. You can get back on track and meet your daily protein goals with UNJURY® Protein.
Here’s what two customers wrote:
- “My protein levels were really low my first trip back to the doctor... It was at 6 or 8 when I went in August...At that time, I hadn't started using UNJURY® Protein.
I was told to increase my protein to try and bring it up.... At the end of October and my (protein level) was normal and up to 18.9! Look what (UNJURY’s) done for me.”
- “I’m recovering from cancer surgery and the dietitian said I was far ahead of the game because of the Unjury.”