If you have fallen off course and have regained some weight after surgery, you might feel like you need to hit a RESET button.
Unfortunately, there is no such thing as a magic Pouch Reset. We hear about it all the time online and in chat threads, but it doesn’t exist--at least not in the way you think.
The truth is, you can RESET several things which will help you get back into a healthier groove, and correct some unwanted weight regain.
Here are the 5 most important things to reset when you are trying to get back on track:
- Reset your portion sizes – Remember how small your meals were right after you had surgery? Get back to smaller portions by eating slower, using baby/smaller utensils, and measuring your food at each meal.
- Reset your mealtime schedule – Choose your eating times and be consistent with them. Spread mealtimes out evenly throughout the day to avoid extreme hunger, and mindless snacking.
- Reset your daily protein intake – Protein goals are forever, not just after surgery. Use the 30-30-30 guide to meet protein goals each day. With UNJURY® Protein, you will feel more satisfied and build a healthier metabolism when you get the protein you need each day. You can meet your protein goals with UNJURY Protein Powders, Meal Replacements, Protein Bars, and Ready-to-Drink Shakes.
- Reset your water intake – Staying hydrated is important for weight loss and weight maintenance. Thirst is often mistaken as hunger and can lead to overeating. Staying hydrated allows your body and metabolism to function properly.
- Reset your sleep schedule – Try setting an alarm to get up at the same time each day, even on the weekends. Good sleep habits are so important for regulating hormones, having energy for exercise, and keeping stress levels low.