As cold and flu season starts to ramp up and Covid is still prevalent, it’s important to build up our immunity as much as possible. UNJURY® Cares and wants to make a difference -- helping you give your immunity a boost.
Try these three things to help ensure you build up your immunity:
1. Eat Well
Eating well is the key to staying healthy, and that starts with protein. You need enough protein to be able to repair body tissue and fight viral and bacterial infections. Your body needs protein to create immune system antibodies that attack infections, so make sure to get the right amount.
Medical studies show that adults-over-40 intake should be about 30 grams, THREE TIMES a day, to help maintain muscle (30-30-30). We believe that's good advice for maintaining your immune system as well. UNJURY® helps you get high quality protein in a tasty and convenient way. And, all UNJURY® protein supplements and products are shelf stable—so they'll last over a year after they arrive.
2. Get into a regular sleep routine
Sleep helps regulate immune function. Similarly, if you don't get enough sleep (it isn't easy, but try for eight hours a night), it can have a negative effect on your immune response. To get enough sleep, try going to bed and waking up at the same time. Your body will thank you!
3. Vitamins and minerals matter too!
Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E and Zinc all support your immune system. With everything going on, it’s almost impossible to track vitamin intake from foods. It's far easier to use a high-quality multivitamin such as our OPURITY® Multivitamins. That is an extra layer of support. Our multivitamins are available for adults in general as well as specifically for Bariatric patients, in both chewable and capsules.
So how can you get your protein?
UNJURY® makes it easy.
Our meal replacements, protein powder, ready to drinks, and protein bars are ideal at home for meals or a healthy snack because:
- UNJURY® Protein Powder has 21 grams of protein per serving. Mix with milk, or have 1½ scoops to get 30 grams at a time
- UNJURY® Protein Bars have 10 to 20 grams of protein per serving
- UNJURY® High Protein Meal Replacement Shakes cost less than $3 a meal, take less than 2 minutes to make, and have 27 grams of protein, minerals and vitamins
- UNJURY® Ready to Drink shakes contain 20 grams of protein per serving