Once you achieve weight-loss success, it's natural to liberalize your diet. You want to celebrate reaching your goal, you feel like you have more room to indulge, and you may even lose motivation to follow a structured meal plan.
If this sounds like you, and you've experienced weight regain, don't despair; not all your progress has been undone. You can still get back on track and UNJURY® can help you do it.
Consider these 3 common causes of weight regain and their realistic solutions:
- Triggering event
- Cause: Whether it's the holidays, a loss, illness, or a stressful situation, events that disrupt your daily routine can evoke uncomfortable emotions and affect your eating habits. While these are unavoidable, how you respond to them is within your control. You might find yourself at events that are filled with food, or responding to your emotions with comfort food. Keep in mind that adequate protein intake can curb overeating by keeping you full and reducing cravings. Remind yourself to be consistent with your protein no matter what else is going on.
- Solution: Start your morning with an UNJURY shake to help you make better choices throughout the day; have one between meals to keep yourself from getting too hungry or to prevent mindless eating, and have one before any celebrations that include food to help you eat less.
- Lack of dieting consistency
- Cause: While the best way to achieve sustainable weight loss is by developing healthy habits, as opposed to following a diet, don't forget that meal planning, preparation, and structure can help you maintain success. While you don't have to eat the same foods every day or restrict certain foods, you want to make sure you're getting enough of the foods that will help you keep the weight off, as well as limiting the foods that are likely to cause weight gain.Protein helps with weight loss by 1. Increasing satiety (a feeling of fullness) so you eat less, 2. Aiding with maintaining muscle mass, which keeps your metabolism active so you naturally burn more calories, and 3. Making less room for unhealthy foods.
- Solution: Be sure to get enough protein each day, and spread it out so you are having some at each meal. We recommended having at least 30 grams, 3 times a day.
- Cause: It can be easy to fall back into old habits after slipping up. We understand; life happens. The key is to get back on track as soon as possible to prevent excess weight gain. It is possible to reverse weight gain, but the more weight you gain, the more challenging it will be. Start making choices now to bring your weight regain to a halt and begin losing again.
- Solution: Attend support groups, keep a food journal to track how much protein you're consuming, and weigh yourself at least once a week to stay accountable. You're also welcome to speak to one of the UNJURY dietitians for guidance with your meal plan - we're here to help.