Goal #2 of the March for Me Challenge is for you to choose your challenge - what gets you up and moving? Consult your doctor before you make a big increase in your exercise program. As always, it is good to begin gradually and see how it goes, to avoid injury.
Here are 10 ideas for your goal:
- Walk for 10-15 minutes every day – start out walking 10 minutes per day then build up to 15 minutes over the course of the month
- Walk for 30 minutes every other day
- Join a yoga class 2 times each week
- Participate in Water Aerobics 2 times each week
- Lift small hand weights, cans, or milk cartons for 5 minutes every other day. Increase the weight slowly if the routine becomes easy.
- Do exercises with stretchy bands for 10 minutes every other day
- Work with a personal trainer 2 times per week
- Ride a stationary bike for 10 minutes every other day
- Dance or Zumba exercise 3 times per week
- Light jog for 1 mile 3 times per week