Protein is so important for bariatric patients, especially during rapid weight loss!
Bariatric patients commonly loose between 25-40% of their lean muscle during the first year post-op. One of the best ways to maintain muscle is by getting 30 grams of high- quality protein 3 times each day.
Protein shakes are one of the easiest ways to get 30-30-30, but here are a few other creative ways to get protein every day that we know you will enjoy.
Try this for Breakfast – Bonjoy™ Pancakes
- 1 scoop Bonjoy™
- 3oz water
- 1 egg
- Mix well and cook as you would any pancake mix.
Try this for Lunch - Tropical Lemonade
- 1 scoop UNJURY® Strawberry Sorbet
- 8oz water
- 1 serving Crystal Light Tropical Coconut or Tropical Paradise
- Serve over ice
Try this for Dinner - Santa Fe Chili Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 packet or scoop UNJURY® Santa Fe Chili
- 2oz water
- 4oz ground chicken
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup cabbage slaw and carrot blend
- 2 large cabbage or lettuce leaves
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Brown ground chicken, then set aside. Add olive oil to the pan and sauté cabbage carrot mixture for 2-3 minutes. Turn off heat and add chicken back to the pan. Separately, mix Santa Fe Chili Protein powder in 2 oz of water. Be sure pan has cooled down, then add Santa Fe mixture to the chicken and vegetables. Combine well. Salt and Pepper to taste. Serve in 2 large lettuce or cabbage leaves.
Try this for a Snack – Mocha Protein Cheesecake
- 2 UNJURY® Mocha Mighty Bites
- 4oz Neufchatel Cheese or low-fat cream cheese (at room temperature)
- ½ Cup Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 Scoop UNJURY® Chocolate Splendor
- 1 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Instant Coffee
Chop Mocha bar as small as possible. Divide equally into 5 cupcake papers and press down to create a crust. Mix cheese and yogurt until smooth. Stir in Chocolate Splendor, Cocoa powder, Vanilla, and Instant Coffee. Fill each cupcake just over ¾ of the way and let chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Served chilled.
For more great UNJURY® Protein recipes – click here