The UNJURY® flavors mixed as suggested below are allowed on a Clear Liquid Diet
- UNJURY Strawberry Sorbet mixed with water or sugar free lemonade
- UNJURY Unflavored mixed with Clear Liquid beverages, such as sugar-free Crystal Light
- UNJURY Chicken Soup Flavor mixed with heated water
- UNJURY Hi-Protein Jell-O. See recipe below.
- All of the UNJURY® choices from the above are allowed on a Soft diet.
- Use Chicken Soup Flavor UNJURY (mixed with warm water) to moisten soft vegetables and soft cooked chicken.
Any of the UNJURY® choices from the clear liquid or full liquid diet are allowed on a pureed diet. Here are some additional ideas.
- A pureed food is one that has no lumps, such as jarred baby food, or pudding.
- Use Chicken Soup Flavor UNJURY (mixed with warm water) to moisten and thin, as needed, pureed vegetables and chicken.
All UNJURY® flavors mixed as suggested below are allowed on a Full Liquid Diet.
- UNJURY Chocolate or Vanilla mixed with skim milk, soy milk, almond milk, Lactaid milk or coffee -- decaf or regular.
- Vanilla UNJURY mixed with orange flavored beverages or juices for a dreamsicle taste.
- Strawberry Sorbet UNJURY mixed with water or sugar free lemonade
- UNJURY Chicken Soup Flavor mixed with warm (not hot) water.
- Unflavored UNJURY mixed with beverages, warm soups.
- Vanilla UNJURY mixed with cereals such as cream of wheat or oatmeal.
- UNJURY Hi-Protein Jell-O.
- UNJURY Hi-Protein pudding.
To prevent weight regain, use 1-2 scoops of UNJURY® daily on an on-going, long term basis.
For personalized suggestions, please call 1-800-517-5111 8am-5pm, M-F, to speak with a Registered Dietitian
|Protein Grams||UNJURY® Scoops||Containers per month|
|80 grams||4 scoops/day (wt loss)||8|
|60 grams||3 scoops/day (wt loss)||6|
|40 grams||2 scoops/day *||4|
|After bariatric surgery, general recommendations for protein: 60-80 grams/day|
*2 scoops recommended for weight maintenance
*This is a general recommendation that, of course, cannot consider individual patient needs. It does not, and should not, supersede the recommendation of medical professionals who best know the individual patient needs. Renal patients should consult their physician before using this plan. This also does not meet adequate vitamins and minerals to meet daily requirements. A high quality complete multi-vitamin, such as OPURITY™, is highly recommended. Learn more at www.OPURITY.com. If milk intake is limited, Calcium supplementation is recommended.