It’s Football Season! The time of year when we get together to cheer on our favorite teams. Whether at home or the stadium, food and drinks at watch parties can present an extra meal time challenge.
High calorie, high carb slider foods are pretty common on the buffet table. If you are not prepared, it could be difficult to stay on track with weight loss or maintenance goals.
Here are a few tailgating tips and recipes to help you stay on course and still have fun!
- Eat before the game (don’t go to an event hungry)
- Stay hydrated - keep flavored water with you
- Look for the veggies and fruit platter, or offer to bring one yourself
- Bring your own UNJURY Root Beer float or Cherry Cola.
- Get creative with high protein, low calorie dips. See below.
- Focus on the game, friends and a good time.
Try these delicious protein packed dips with fresh vegetables: cucumbers, carrots, celery, peppers etc.
French Onion Dip
- 1 scoop UNJURY French Onion Soup
- 1 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup sauteed onions (optional)
- Water (until desired consistency, approx. 2 tablespoons)
- Place the ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add water one tablespoon at a time until you reach desired consistency (approx 2 tablespoons).
- 1 Scoop UNJURY® Chicken Soup Flavor
- ½ to 1 cup Fat-Free Sour Cream
- Fresh parsley or chives (optional)
- Measure sour cream into a cup
- Gradually add UNJURY, stirring until well combined.
- Add fresh herbs as desired
- 1 Scoop UNJURY® Unflavored or Beef and Herb Flavor
- 1 Cup Hummus
- Measure 1 cup of hummus.
- Gradually add in UNJURY, and mix until smooth.
Shop Protein Powder for Dips Here